5 Reasons Why Your Car Jerks When In Motion – Have you experienced your car jerking while you are driving? Do you want to find out why this happens? Are you looking for a solution to why your car keeps jerking anytime you are driving? Then look no further as this article will be explaining it all to you.
Driving your car and experiencing something like this could be embarrassing and in some cases, raise the concern for your car or your life. Making sure your car is fit and proper for your day-to-day needs requires you to take the necessary steps to ensure that your car does not experience such.
This is why this article is important. We shall be discussing the 5 Reasons Why Your Car Jerks When In Motion, and we will also provide the necessary solutions to the individual reasons.
Reasons why your car jerks and how to fix it
As we said earlier, you need your car to be able to perform well to manage your day-to-day activities. You cannot do this when your car has such problems, and that is why this article will be providing you with all you need to know about 5 Reasons Why Your Car Jerks When In Motion, as well as the respective solutions to the problems.
- Ignition System Problem. This is one of the most common reasons why your car jerks when in motion. The issue can be from issues with ignition coils or spark plugs, or the spark plug wires could be causing problems in the combustion process which leads to poor power delivery to the wheel. You can fix this through regular maintenance of the ignition system and replacing spoilt devices within it.
- Unclean or obstructed fuel injectors. When your fuel injectors are clogged, it restricts the flow of fuel necessary for combustion and thus, results in the perfect mixture of air and fuel resulting in the issues that lead up to the jerking of your vehicle. To fix this, ensure that you use a good fuel system cleaner, or better still – allow the professionals to take care of this for you.
- Problems with Transmission. Low transmission, and slipping clutch, among others, are the list of issues that can result to a disruption of the flow of power between the engine and the wheels, thereby resulting to your car constantly jerking when in motion. Ensure that you have your transmission system regularly checked by a professional or specialist to avoid this happening.
- Another issue that can lead to your car jerking while you are in motion is the issue of vacuum leaks, which can cause an upset between the air-fuel mixture in the vehicle thereby causing it to jerk. Cracked hoses, and gasket issues, are among the various issues that result in vacuum leaks. You can checkmate this by visibly checking your engine for any dislodged pipes or disturbing sounds. Also, get the assistance of a professional.
- Malfunctioning of the Throttle Position System (TPS). The function of the TPS is instrumental to the motion of the vehicle hence when it is disrupted, the fuel-air mixture of the car is affected thereby leading to the jerking you experience while driving your car. While you may be required to replace the malfunctioning system, it is advised that a professional looks at it first and then acts accordingly.
Read Also – 5 Reasons Why Your Car Produces Black Smoke
Thank you for going through this article on 5 Reasons Why Your Car Jerks When In Motion, we hope you found it interesting and educational. For more information, kindly leave a comment in the Reply section and we will get back to you as fast as practicable.